Monday, December 7, 2009

Desperate Housewives, Season 1, Episode 1, Intro

The very beginning of Desperate Housewives:
My name is Mary Alice Young. When you read this morning's paper you may come across an article about the unusual day I had last week. Normally there's never anything newsworthy about my life, but that all changed last Thursday. Of course, everything seemed quite normal at first: I made breakfast for my family, I performed my chores, I completed my projects, I ran my errands. In truth I spent the day as I spend every other day: quietly polishing the routine of my life until it gleamed with perfection. That's why it was so astonishing when I decided to go to my hallway closet and retrieve a revolver that had never been used.
My body was discovered by my neighbour, Mrs Martha Huber, who had been startled by a strange popping sound. Her curiosity aroused. Mrs Huber tried to think of a reason for dropping in on me unannounced. After some initial hesitations, she decided to return the blender she had borrowed from me 6 months before.
MRS HUBER (on the phone): It's my neighbour. I think she's been shot. There's blood everywhere. Yes, you've got to send an ambulance. You've got to send one right now!
MARY ALICE: And for a moment, Mrs Huber stood motionless in her kitchen, grief-stricken by this senseless tragedy. But only for a moment... If there was one thing Mrs Huber was known for, it was her ability to look on the bright side.

No comments: